Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reason To Celebrate


Something has been going on that I have not been completely open about. Nope, I'm not pregnant. (But nice try.) To make a long story short(er), Luke and I came to a fork in the road months back. One path was "Emily does nursing/lactation education and will be in school for about seven years" and the other was "Emily continues in child development and finishes her degree." I struggled with indecision. When Luke and I got back together, one of the things that I wanted to grow in was decisiveness. I wanted to make (big and small) decisions and stick with them. That can be hard for certain people. (Ahem.) After identifying my values, personal strengths, and what I enjoy doing, I realized that child development was the fit for me. I shouldn't have ever questioned it. I made that decision, and told God that I would not look back. I immediately began to receive confirmation that I had done the right thing. I had friends tell me I had a way with their children. (Thank you!) I had people ask me for resources. I was able to tell parents that they were doing a fantastic job. I would cry when children would sing or do something sweet. (I have become such a crier!)

That's when an unexpected opportunity emerged. I received an interview at a preschool that was a dream job, dream school... everything. I was so scared to interview. I wanted it- and I didn't want to admit how much I wanted it. I had studied what was necessary but I was lacking the formal experience. I was seriously terrified that I would not get it. But guess what? I got it!

I spent this morning being hugged by little ones. Watching them dance and practice their letters. Letting them button my jacket and brushing hair out of their eyes. And it felt like home. I am so happy and overwhelmed at the same time. How amazing our God is and how thankful I am to have this opportunity. I am so encouraged- that God knows the desires of our heart and He knows the journeys we must take in life. He challenges us and strengthens us through His blessings and His plan. (Not our plans, by the way!) I hope my experience can give you even more hope for your big and little dreams. God has intricate and abundant plans for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment