Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mushy


It's not hard for me to be in awe of Luke D. Hawkins. Here are a few reasons why:

1. This guy will offer to do dishes, laundry, make dinner, or anything that will make me feel loved or relieve stress. He knows practical things make me feel loved in busy seasons. (Also, he always cleans and helps happily. Definitely something I need to work on!)

2. If he knows I am going somewhere, he will look up directions and send them to me. (He knows I could get lost in my hometown.)

3. He watchers Hoarders with me. (That takes someone special!)

4. He wakes up and sings me silly songs about whatever comes into his half-awake mind. I totally sing him songs too. We're probably the strangest people I know.

5. He gets just as excited as I do about date nights, books, fitness, cool words, trips, organization, food, and future plans.

6. He nerds out with me on health, nutrition, and fitness. This guy has lost over 70 pounds, and has done an incredible job working towards a long and healthy life with me. I love that!

7. He's up for anything. Whether it's a night in with Human Planet and the roommates or an early morning adventure, he is 110% in.

8. He was practicing before leading worship at our church the other morning- and I was blown away with how talented he is. His voice is a-mazing. Luke would completely deny this, but he is one of those people who happens to be great at everything.

9. My leader of a husband. I am so grateful that I married a man who is honest, kind, strong, and wise. He always makes me feel safe and honored. My prayer for every wife would be that her husband makes her feel this way!

10. He is my best friend. I never thought someone could know everything about me and still love me. (Besides Michelle, of course! But that's a different kind of love.) He never makes me bad about my shortcomings, but he knows exactly how to encourage me and make me want to be a better person in every way.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment