Thursday, December 8, 2011

Time For Joy


"The Lord will comfort Israel again and have pity on her ruins. Her desert will blossom like Eden, her barren wilderness like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found there. Songs of thanksgiving will fill the air." - Isaiah 51:3

There is something about the Christmas season that fills me with joy. The cold nights, barren branches, crackling fires... everything seems to evidence the mercy and beauty of God. He swoops us up and reminds us of His promises. He will heal us and restore us. We can "start over"- and fall in love with our God again and again. Winter demonstrates the fading and falling away of the old to make room for new life. My heart fills with hope that I have a Savior who triumphs over my sin. He is more persistent than I can comprehend and more tangible than my mind can fathom.

2 comments:

  1. This is pure and sweet, my dear. It has resonance. I'm so grateful that your mind and heart works this way.

    -LH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this lovely truth. Good reminder, helpful encouragement.

    ReplyDelete