Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Who is Leading You?

Are there things in your life that prompt you to go into hyperspeed? For me, that would be four classes, student teaching, and work. My days have become increasingly busy. Four to five hours of homework in the morning. Work. Additional hours of homework in the evening. Don't get me wrong-- I love it. In fact, this morning I wandered around our little home on a break from learning about childhood obesity. I started noticing little things around our home that brighten my day. My lemon soy candle. The delicious and healthful lunch my husband prepared for me the night before. I opened the door so I could peek at the little birds making nests in front of our home. I could see the jasmine plant blooming. I could see the sea glass surrounding our miniature herb garden. These are some of my favorite moments.

This morning Luke was telling me about a small group he is attending at our church. The guys are reading a book on discipline. (This subject has been an interest to both of us over these last several months.) He told me he had to choose a concept to meditate on and that I should do the same. I instantly decided I should meditate on peace and balance before the Lord. (What could I need more?!) This morning I began to think about what it means to have balance as a believer in Christ. Suddenly I thought, I am always concerned with what I think I need instead of thinking about who is leading me. God knows how to lead me. 


Image c/o Pinterest

What a relief to have those thoughts this morning. Why be concerned with what you think you need? Can't you look around and see evidence... that God doesn't just know what you need. He knows how to love you and how to lead you. I will find comfort in that today and hopefully for many days to come. 


I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,    along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;I will turn the darkness into light before them    and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;    I will not forsake them.-Isaiah 42:16

No comments:

Post a Comment